58% of the total India Population is involved in agriculture. So, the usage of a clean and consistent water supply is mandatory. But the commercial pumps have lots of disadvantages today. they are very common in pumping out the water from the wells, aquarium filtering, pond filtering, and aeration. The main usage of these appliances is to exchange fluid. From the agricultural to the energy industry there are various amounts of pumps that are available in India.
- What Is Solar Energy?
- Market View Of The Solar Energy In India
- Scope Of The Solar Energy
- What Is Solar Water Pumps?
- How Solar Water Pump Works?
- Types Of Solar Water Pump For Home
- Compasirion Between AC And DC Solar Water Pump
- The Technologies Used In Solar Water Pump Kits
- Components Which Are Used In Solar Water Pumping System
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Solar Water Pump
- Solar Water Pump Price In India
- How To Choose The Best Solar Water Pumps?
- Subsidy On Solar Water Pump
- PM-KUSUM Yojana Scheme
- NABARD Subsidy Scheme
- Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana-UP
- Punjab Solar Pump Subsidy
- Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana-MP
- Haryana Solar Pump Subsidy
- Saur Sinchayee Yojana-HP
- Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana
- Rajasthan Solar Pump Yojana.
- Surya Raitha Scheme-Karnataka
- FAQ'S Of Solar Water Pumps With Battery Backup
- 1. What are solar water pumps?
- 2. What are the different types of solar water pumps?
- 3. Does solar PV pumps are more expensive than normal water pumps?
- 4. Does the efficiency of the solar PV pump is affected by seasons?
- 5. What is the use of solar water pumps?
- 6. Which is better DC or an AC pump?
- 7. Once installed, is it possible to relocate the solar pump system?
- 8. Does a solar water pump work during cloudy and foggy days?
- 9. How high can solar pump lift water?
- 10. Can I use a solar pump for a pond?
But the main usage of this device depends upon the positive displacement principle and the kinetic energy which helps in uplifting the water. Solar pumps are a very new concept in mechanics but the usage of solar pumps is a very attractive technology for both the environment and socially for water supply in remote places. The solar pumps are mainly seen in the residential and commercial uses, as well as for irrigation of agricultural land. These pumps are replacing the old traditional one as they have many benefits such as weather-related, and socioeconomic.
The solar industry is growing drastically and thus the cost of the photovoltaic panels, the source of power for this water supply system, has dropped significantly. The demand for solar water pumps is rising day by day as a result there are many companies that are trying to make efficient solar pumps for the people who want to install them.
If also want to install the solar pump on your property then you must have an awareness of it. In this article, I tried to write a brief about solar pumps, their benefits, types of solar pumps, and more. So before going through the concept of solar water pumps first, have a look at what is solar power and its market view. Shall we?
What Is Solar Energy?
Solar energy is basically the utilization of sunray and radiation in order to generate electricity. This is one of the most common renewal energy used nowadays. The most common solar energy is controlled by solar panels or PV cells. The Pv cells are arranged in such a way that they can capture the maximum amount of sunlight and generate them into electric energy so that this energy can be utilized in the household or in a commercial way.
These cells are created from the semiconductor materials and thus when the sun rays hit the cells then they release the electrons from their atoms. This process permits the cells to produce electricity.
Market View Of The Solar Energy In India
The solar energy market is booming in India with the CARG over 8% in the given time. In FY16-20 the installation of the renewable energy capacity is acquired over CARG of 17.33%. The government also taking the initiative to raise the installation capacity of renewable power with other fossil fuels. By the year 2014, the main aim of the government is to achieve the demand of the renewal power to reach 15,820TWh. The main target of the Indian Government is to reach the renewable capacity of 227GW of which 114GW is solar energy.
Growth Of The Solar Energy In Indian Market
According to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, India is empowered by a large amount of solar energy. From January 2021 to Septem 2021, In India there are approximately 8811 MW of solar capacity is added. According to JMK Research, it is shown that the overall capacity of solar energy is about 280% and 101% respectively which is much more as per compare to 2020. A new report is generated by the government in which it is said that till September 2021, India will be able to install about 101.53 GW of solar capacity. Solar energy contributes roughly 46% share in the total segmentation.
National Institute of Solar Energy has assessed the Country’s solar potential of about 748 GW assuming 3% of the wasteland area to be covered by Solar PV modules. Solar energy has been placed as the main aim of India’s National Action Plan on Climate Change with the National Solar Mission. In January 2010, a program was launched by the Indian government which is National Solar Mission (NSM).
The main mission of this program is to install 100GW grid-connected solar power plants by the year 2022. This is in line with India’s Intended Nationally Determined Contributions(INDCs) whose main target is to achieve 40% of the cumulative electric power installed capacity which is generated from the non-fossil fuel-based energy resources and thus it helps in reducing the emission capacity of GDP 33-35% from the year 2005 to the year 2030.
In order to achieve the target, the Indian Government of India launched various schemes to motivate the people to install solar energy in the country such as Solar Park Scheme, VGF Schemes, CPSU Scheme, Defence Scheme, Canal bank & Canal top Scheme, Bundling Scheme, Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Scheme, etc. India is now in the 5th global position in the solar energy market. In India, the solar-powered capacity has increased by 11 times in the first five years from 2.6 GW in March 2014 to 30GW in July 2019.
Read Our Blog on Best Solar Companies In India
Scope Of The Solar Energy
According to IBEF, the government is taking initiatives to increase solar energy and thus taking various sustainable projects in order to promote green energy.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) set a target of renewable energy capasity to tune of 227GW by the year 2022 out of which 114 gw is planned for solar,67 GW is plannd for wind and the remaining for hydro and other souse of energy.
- India’s renewable energy sector is expected to attract the investment which worth of US$ 80 bilion in the next four years.
- By the year 2040 it is expected that around 49% of the total capasity will be generated by the renewable energy which is efficient whic will help in storing the electricity and this will further cut the solar energy cost by 66% as canpaired to the current cost.
- the usage of the renewable energy will account for 55% of the total installed power capasity by the year 2030. As per the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) it is stated that by 2029-2030, the share of the share of renewable energy generation would increase from 18% to 44%, while that of thermal is expected to reduce from 78% to 52%.
- According to the by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, the renewable energy has the capasity of 49.59G of the capasity which has been tendered.
1. The Government Of India has prepared many schemes to increase the usage of solar power in India. So their schemes are:
Solar power projects can be set up anywhere in the country, however, the scattering of solar power projects leads to higher project costs per MW and higher transmission losses. Individual projects of smaller capacity incur significant expenses in site development, drawing separate transmission lines to the nearest substations, procuring water, and the creation of other necessary infrastructure.
It also takes a long time for project developers to acquire land, get a change of land use and various permissions, etc. which delays the project. To overcome these challenges, the scheme for “Development of Solar Parks and Ultra-Mega Solar Power Projects” was rolled out in December 2014 with an objective to facilitate the solar project developers to set up projects in a plug-and-play model.
2. By 31st December 2022, The government of India was establishing the schemes of the Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Programme and the main objective of this program is to increase the solar capacity of 40,000MW from the rooftop Solar Projects.
3. By By 31st December 2022, the Indian Government prepared to establish the scheme Pradhan Mantri Kishan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyaan. The main objective of this scheme is to add the solar and other renewable capacities up to 25,750 MW by 2022 where the total central financial support of Rs. 34,422 Crore including service charges to the implementing agencies.
Read Our Blog On Best Types Of Solar Products In India
What Is Solar Water Pumps?
A solar pump or Solar pumping system is a revolutionary product that is used for uplifting underground water. This is run by the solar energy from the solar PV panels and then it transfers the energy into electric energy. These pumps do not need any kind of fossil fuel or electricity to the device. The solar water pumps are developed by various components such as the solar panel, a motor pump, and a control device in order to utilize it.
Some of them also have solar batteries or inverters to run the solar pump. The solar pumps can be used for agriculture, irrigation purposes. Not only that they are also used in various water bodies such as fountains, swimming pool pumps, water circulation pumps, mono-block home pumps, etc. In simple words, solar pumps are very efficient, user-friendly, and also cost-effective than other commercial pumps.
How Solar Water Pump Works?
Solar water pumps are designed in such a way that it helps in utilizing the Direct current from the solar panels. The pumps can run in low light conditions when the power turns down without making the device overheat. Low volume pumps help in sealing the water in the cavities and for it to move upward. through it has low light but still, the lift capacity is maintained during pumping. This process includes diaphragm, vane, and piston pumps. This is different from the conventional pumps as it needs to spin fast in order to work very fast.
A pump controller is an electrical instrument that is used in most solar pumps. It is a basically automatic transmission that helps to start the pump and keeps interrupting in the low sunlight. Some of the controllers also have some extra functions like offering a terminal for the float switch to shut off the pump when a storage tank is full and protection for overvoltage conditions.
The solar tracker helps in tilting the PV layers as the sun moves from one direction to another. This helps in gaining solar energy by 55%. Solar tracking works best in the sunny wheater rather than during the cloudy or winter days. It needs to change the solar trackers.
Benefits Of The Solar Water Pump For Agriculture
The Solar Pumps are powered by solar panels. These solar pumps are brushless and can also operate by Direct current power. The solar planes which are used in pumps are more efficient and also cheap. The use of solar pumps is increasing day by day. The solar system is used to run different types of applications such as water pumps, turbines, and many other units. Now let’s talk about the benefits of solar pumps.
Don’t need External Power:
One of the top benefits of water pumps is that they can be used anywhere. These pumps are mainly run by solar energy. This also means that you don’t have to spend a lot of money in order to make it work. Solar water pumps are very authentic in remote areas.
Minimum operating Costs:
As the main source of this device is solar energy so that is why the utility bill also decreased drastically. Solar pumps do not need a huge amount of maintenance costs. A solar pump is a very good investment in the long run.
Solar pumps can be maintained more easily than any other commercial pump. These pumps can be used in long run without any maintenance. Many of the solar pumps run for more than 10 years without any maintenance. But some amount of maintenance is required for preparing the pumps to work in a long run. Maintenance is also very cheap when it comes to solar pumps.
Easy To install:
You can install the solar pumps on your own. In simple words, you can say that you do not have to depend on anyone for installing the solar pumps for you.
Another benefit of solar pumps is that they are very efficient than any other pumps in the Indian Market. If your geographical location is perfect for the solar pumps then it will work efficiently while saving a lot of money.
Types Of Solar Water Pump For Home
Solar Pumps are Increasingly used for various purposes. As it is eco-friendly so it can be an excellent alternative to commercial or regular water pumps. They are also very easy to install and also do not have any kind of complex wiring. Once you install these solar pumps then you never have to spend more money on electricity.
This is a one-time investment. As long the solar panels receive proper sunlight they work more efficiently than on cloudy or rainy days. Now there are four types of solar water pumps which are available in the Indian Market. These are:
1.Submersible Solar Pumps
Submersible Solar Pumps are able to lift up to 650ft of underground water and these are mainly installed in large wells. If the well water is more than 20ft then these pumps can be operated by directly turning off the batteries, solar panels, and also in some cases the electricity. Solar submersible pumps the water is stored in the tanks which are used for the storing the water in the future use.
But there is one drawback which is that the solar pump can not able to pump water for the bad weather. These are basically used in deep water and undrilled water. These pumps are also used in livestock watering, pond aeration, home water systems, irrigation, pressurization, and well pumping. the maximum depth of this pump is 50 meter
Surface Solar Pumps are basically used in streams, storage tanks, shallow wells, or ponds. If the well water is 20ft or less from the ground then we can use this pump. These solar pumps are not able to pump water more than 200ft. These pumps can lift the water from a depth of 20meter.
DC pumps or the direct Pump are solar-powered pumps that do not need any kind of inverters. They are directly connected to solar panels, connectors, and also electric motors. The main disadvantage is that they stop working after the sunset. But if the solar battery is connected to the pumps then it can work even at night.
AC pumps cannot work by the direct current power so to connect them with the solar panels first you have to install the solar inverters. These are also controlled by the grid electricity.
Compasirion Between AC And DC Solar Water Pump
If you want to use the solar water pump then you must choose the right option. In the Indian market, the two most popular solar water pumps are AC and DC solar pumps. The DC solar pump is mainly run with the help of the DC motor that works on the basis of the direct current supply. That’s why it does not need any kind of inverters.
On the other hand, AC solar pumps are run by the AC mortars which are controlled by the solar pump inverter that helps in transferring the DC energy from the solar energy to AC energy. So if you are confused about which one to choose then here is the list of comparisons between the two.
According to price: The DC pump is more efficient than the pump and also needs fewer solar panels in order to work but it is very difficult to handle in remote places. The price of this pump is also very high.
On the other hand, AC solar pumps are less expensive.
According To The Shelf Life: The shelf life of the DC solar pump is much higher as it uses the motor coils which are produced from the copper foil. W
While the AC solar pumps Use the motor coils which are produced from aluminum or copper so the shelf lig=fe is not as linger as the Dc pump.
According To Noise: The DC solar pump is less noisy as it uses the internal BLDC with high technology. While AC solar pumps use the old model technology for production and thus it is noisier.
The Technologies Used In Solar Water Pump Kits
The solar water pumps provide an alternative to the other regular pumps. The cost of these pumps is falling drastically and also the price of the panels attached to it drops up 80%. they are environment friendly which means they do not emit any kind of harmful substances while providing energy. These solar pumps have three technologies. Now let’s see the technologies available in the solar pumps.
On Grid Solar Pumps
The On-grid Solar pumps are water pumps that are powered by solar radiation. the solar panels which are attached to it generate more power than the water pump consumption than the excess unused water will be transported to the grid with the help of net metering and the government will adjust that bill with your next electric bill.
Solar Pump VFD Drive
VFD Drives are the current solution for the Indan farmers. These pumps can able to convert the regular pump into solar pumps. This is very popular nowadays. The reason behind this is that even today there are lots of places available in India where a shortage of electricity is available and thus through this device the farmers can easily operate their pumps even without the grid.
Hybrid Solar Pumps
In hybrid solar pumps, there are three options in which you can able to run the solar pump. These three options are (a) solar power,(b) grid electricity, and (c) solar battery. This is an amazing evolution in the Indian market because during day time the solar pump can run by solar energy and at night it can run by the grid. If both options are not available then it can be charged by the solar battery.
Components Which Are Used In Solar Water Pumping System
The Solar water pumps and the motors are the chief part of the total solar pumping system. The main usage of this part is to uplift the underground water. This part is available in all the pumps. These pumps are further subdivided into three parts these are:
Submersible pumps are those pumps that help in uplifting the water from the deep depth such as shallow wells and boreholes.
Circulatory pumps are those which help in circulating the water and also keep them warm which is then prepared for the usage of the water supply.
Booster Pumps helps in proving the pressure that is needed to pump out the water from the stored water tank and then deliver it to the home or the other organizations.
Solar panels are mainly used for generating electricity to run the solar water pump. They absorb the solar radiation and then convert it into direct current electricity. Solar panels are manufactured by small amounts of solar cells which are mainly silicon fibers. These cells turn solar energy into electrical energy. There are various kinds of solar energies such as concentrated solar energy and solar thermal but these works are different from the PV solar panels.
Read Our Blog On Best Solar Mounting System Manufacturers in India
The solar batteries of the solar pumps are used to store the charge which is created by the solar panels. The solar panels trap the solar radiation and then it helps in loading the batteries. If the load power is excess as compared to the energy obtained by the solar panels then these batteries are able to provide a stable source of energy to the solar pump. the deep cycle batteries are often used for solar energy purposes as they are deeply charged.
The solar pump controller is a small device yet it is the most important for DC solar pumps among all of the other devices present in the DC solar pumps. they help to adjust the pump system parameters in order to meet the consumer’s needs and not only that it also acts as a shield to the pump system. These controllers can also use the water to set an extension. This process helps in maintaining the shelf life of the solar pump.
Read more: Best Solar Charge Controller In India
Solar Inverters are installed in the solar water pumps as they help in converting the DC to AC. This process is required for a wide variety of equipment present in the solar pump. But if you use a DC pump then you do not need this inverter. During cloudy days, the inverters become a highly efficient backup source of energy so that the pump can able to function properly without any sunlight.
Read our blog on The Best Solar Air Conditioner In India
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Solar Water Pump
There are lots of farmers who do not want to install solar water pumps because of the initial cost which is very high as compared to any other commercial water pump. However different people have different perspectives. But I can say that it is more advantageous in the long term as compared to the other pumping system. But there are also some disadvantages but they are very minor. So, below there is a list of some advantages and disadvantages of solar water pumps.
- Solar pumping system are versatile: The solar system are very flexible and can be used in varous applications. This solar pumoing system can be used in various ways such as livestock, drinking water, and irrigation, amongst other residential needs. You do not need any external energy to run the pump.
- It comes with control electronic facilities:The hybrid solar water pumps can be facilitate automatc operation. Thsi feature is a great opportunity if you live in a off grid location. The control has more than the on and off switch.
- Low maintanace cost: The solar water pumps need low maintainance cost because if you keep the components clean the you do nit have to worry about it.
- It helps in minimizing the electricity bills: As the main source of enery of this device is solar energy so you do not ahve to rely on the electricity. This helps you to save a lot of bills. If you putrchase an exxtensive systemthen you can store and pump out more water.
- It also hav low operating cost: The solar water pump is run by the solar energy so, you dont have to worry about the miscellaneous cost.
- It is eco-friendly: The solar wtaerpuomps are controlle by the renwable energy and thus it is not dangerous for the environment.
- High Price: The initial cost of the solar pump si higher. The reason behind this high cost is while installing the solar water pump there are lot of components you have to install with it.
- Weather Dependent: The solar water pumps do not work efficiently in the cloudy days. The device is totally dependent on weather conditions.
Solar Water Pump Price In India
The price of the solar water pump mainly depends on various factors like the size, model, features, etc. Here is the list of the price of solar water pumps in India
|DC Solar Pump Model||Selling Price|
|1 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.67,200|
|2 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.1,16,000|
|3 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.1,56,000|
|5 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.2,32,000|
|7.5 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.3,80,000|
|10 HP Solar Pump Set||Rs.4,68,000|
|AC Solar Pump Model||Pump Head||Selling Price|
|1HP Solar Pump (1200w)||20 Meter||Rs.1,14,589|
|1HP Solar Pump (1200w)||35 Meter||Rs.1,15,487|
|1HP Solar Pump (1200w)||70 Meter||Rs.1,22,223|
|2HP Solar Pump (2000w)||20 Meter||Rs.1,55,773|
|2HP Solar Pump (2000w)||30 Meter||Rs.1,60,394|
|2HP Solar Pump (2000w)||60 Meter||Rs.1,61,778|
|2HP Solar Pump (2000w)||80 Meter||Rs.1,65,572|
|3HP Solar Pump (3000w)||20 Meter||Rs.2,10,474|
|3HP Solar Pump (3000w)||30 Meter||Rs.2,10,989|
|3HP Solar Pump (3000w)||50 Meter||Rs.2,11,040|
|3HP Solar Pump (3000w)||70 Meter||Rs.2,15,154|
|3HP Solar Pump (3000w)||100 Meter||Rs.2,15,411|
|5HP Solar Pump (5000w)||20 Meter||Rs.3,00,180|
|5HP Solar Pump (5000w)||30 Meter||Rs.3,01,793|
|5HP Solar Pump (5000w)||50 Meter||Rs.3,03,491|
|5HP Solar Pump (5000w)||70 Meter||Rs.3,10,347|
|5HP Solar Pump (5000w)||100 Meter||Rs.3,12,319|
|7.5HP Solar Pump (6750w)||50 Meter||Rs.3,90,819|
|7.5HP Solar Pump (6750w)||70 Meter||Rs.3,91,283|
|7.5HP Solar Pump (6750w)||100 Meter||Rs.4,00,882|
|10HP Solar Pump (9000w)||50 Meter||Rs.5,11,944|
|10HP Solar Pump (9000w)||70 Meter||Rs.5,14,006|
|10HP Solar Pump (9000w)||100 Meter||Rs.5,20,809|
|10HP Solar Pump (10000w)||140 Meter||Rs.5,70,340|
How To Choose The Best Solar Water Pumps?
If you want to install the solar water pumps in your home for agriculture or any other purposes then you have to follow these steps while installing the solar pumps. Let’s look at it.
- First you have to measure the water consumption.
- Also measue the depth of the ground water level.
- Then you have to make a desicion about the capasity of the water pump.
- Select the type of solar water pump according to your measurement.
- Then order the solar pump either from online or from your nearest store.
- Get it installed and get benifited from it.
Think You Should Know Before Installing The Solar Pumps:
- Flow and Head Requirements: Acording to the flow and head requirements you have to choose the right solar pump. The flow rate is measures by the amount of the water which is needed by you per hour or per day. The head is refered to how high the water is pumed out from the well.
- Choose the right solar pump inverter: Select the right solar pump inverters according the parameter of your pump. The parameters of the water pumps are AC, DC, single-phase, three-phase, boost, power of the pump, indoor use, outdoor use, underground use, etc. So, in this case you also have to choose the right inverter.
- Choosing the correct solar panels: According to the size of the solar pumps and the strength of solar radiation, you have to choose the right solar panels. The solar power panels are measured by 1.5 times the power of the water pump. If you want a more voltage output then you have to increase the solar panels accordingly.
Subsidy On Solar Water Pump
Government has to motivate the farmers for using Solar energy by initiating different schemes. Through this, the government wants to achieve the goal of installing the maximum solar capacity by the year 2030. So if you want to install solar pumps for agriculture you must know about the subsidy on the solar water pumps in India. Subsidies on solar water pumps are made in such a way that both the farmers and the common man could able to learn and follow it.
The initial investment of the solar water pumps is much higher as compared to the normal water pumps. For this reason, the small farmers can’t able to install these solar pumps so in order to solve this problem the government recommended various subsidy schemes. This will help to increase the farmer’s yield and income. Now let’s grasp the idea of solar water pump subsidy In India.
PM-KUSUM Yojana Scheme
This scheme is mainly sponsored by the central government under the lead of MNRE. This PM-KUSUM initiates the farmers not only to install the solar power pumps but also the solar plants in India. Under this scheme, you can able to bear only 10% of the total cost. The remaining 60% is divided among the central government(30%) and state government (30%) as the solar subsidies. Thus in this way, you will achieve a total of 60% subsidy on the solar water pumps. The remaining 30% will be financed.
Our Finance Minister Nirmala Sirharaman had an announcement where she declared the extension of this scheme which will provide the funds to 20 lacks farmers for installing the solar water pumps. She also mentioned that 15 lack farmers would be given funds for setting up the grid-connected 15lack solar pumps.
NABARD Subsidy Scheme
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is the Indian bank that has the goal of helping the Indian farmers in all possible ways. This scheme also offers subsidies on solar plants and solar water pumps. So basically this scheme if the farmer wants to install the solar pumps on his field then he only has to pay the 20% of the cost. And for the rest 80%, NABARD will offer the farmer loan.
This bank offers loans for installing the solar pumps and the farmers have to pay the 60% of the cost of the solar pumps the rest of the 40% will be subsidized by NABARD. This 60% will be given by the bank. The interest rate depends on the RBI guidelines.
Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana-UP
This scheme is launched by the government of Uttar Pradesh. Pardarshi Kisan Seva Yojana-UP is mainly done to provide financial support to the farmers who want to install solar water pumps. In this scheme, both the central and the state governments will provide the subsidy to the needed framers. Under this Yojna if the farmers install the solar water pump then they will receive approximately 90% subsidy of the total cost.
Punjab Solar Pump Subsidy
The government of Punjab has launched this Punjab solar pump subsidy. This scheme is also for those farmers who want to install solar water pumps for their agriculture. In this scheme, the Punjab government will provide the subsidy of 75% of the total cost as Central Financial Assistance (CFA) to the farmers who are ready to install solar water pumps in their agricultural fields. This not only initiates the farmers to install the solar pumps but also helps to reduce the carbon footprint from our environment.
Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana-MP
The government of Madhyapradesh has introduced the scheme known as Mukhyamantri Solar Pump Yojana-MP. This scheme is jointly done by the central government which is the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and the government of Madhya Pradesh. In this scheme the farmers only have to pay 10% of the total cost and the rest 90% of the cost will be sponsored by the state government with assistance from the central government.
Haryana Solar Pump Subsidy
The Haryana government has offered the scheme known as the Haryana Solar Pump Subsidy which is launched for the solar water pump subsidy scheme for those farmers who needed the solar water pumps. The scheme stated that the farmers only have to pay 10% of the total cost under this scheme. the rest 90% will be given by both the central and the state government.
Saur Sinchayee Yojana-HP
The Cabinet Committee of the Himachal Pradesh has established the scheme called Saur Sinchayee Yojana. The overall budget of this scheme is Rs. 224 crore which will be provided to the farmers who are willing to install the solar water pumps in their properties.
This yojana will cover around 90% of the total cost in which this 90% will be paid by the state Government and the rest of the 10% will be paid to the farmers under this state. The government also provides 80% subsidies to medium and large farmers. Not only that in this subsidy the state government will provide 100% of the financial assistance to the farmers.
Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana
The Government of Maharashtra has organized a scheme which is known as Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana which helps the small farmers of the states. The main aim of this scheme is to install about 1,00,000 off-grid solar water pumps in Maharastra. This yojana is implemented in three different stages.
The first phase of this scheme is to install around 25,000 solar pumps and the second phase is to install 50,000 pumps. The last phase will include the establishment of the remaining 25,000 pumps. The state government will pay 90% of the total cost under this scheme while the rest of the amount will be paid by the farmers.
Rajasthan Solar Pump Yojana.
The Rajasthan Government implement the subsidy named Rajasthan Solar Pump Yojana. This yojana is run by both the central and the state government in order to boost the installation of solar water pumps in Maharastra. The state government will provide 60% of the total cost and the remaining 40% will be provided by the farmers who need to install the solar pumps.
Surya Raitha Scheme-Karnataka
The Karnataka Government initiates a scheme which is Surya Raitha Scheme-Karnataka. In this scheme, they can able to install the on-grid or grid-connected solar water pump with net-metering features. Through this scheme, the farmers will be able to increase the income that they will receive from the fields.
This scheme states that the government will give 90% of the total subsidy whereas the rest 10% will have to be provided by the field owner. This scheme is capitalized by the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) and also this is totally interest-free soft loans provided by them.
Finally, Before wrapping up, I would like to conclude that solar pumps are very beneficial nowadays. It is not only ecofriendly but also has a low maintenance cost. It is correct that the initial cost is very much but if you think in the long run then it is very beneficial. You can save a lot of electricity as the source of this device is only solar energy.
The main aim of the government is o use solar energy as much as possible. The reason behind this is to save fossil fuel and also to save the environment from carbon emissions. So for the farmers to use the solar pump is the best way to use solar power. As a result, Now the government also coming up with lots of subsidies so that the farmers could able to install the solar pump and enjoy the benefits of it. This will help them to achieve success in the mission.
Finally, I would like to thank you for going through my article. I hope this will help you a lot. If you have any recommendations or any questions regarding the solar water pump then mention them in the comment section below. I will be glad to know.
FAQ’S Of Solar Water Pumps With Battery Backup
1. What are solar water pumps?
The solar pump is a system that is controlled by solar energy. This solar pump consists of many devices such as one or more solar panels, also known as solar photovoltaic modules, a motor pump set, electronic controls, or a controller device to operate the pump, the required hardware, and in some cases, other items like inverters, batteries, etc.
2. What are the different types of solar water pumps?
The different types of solar water pumps are:
1. Submersible Solar Pumps
2. Surface-solar Pumps
3. AC water pump
4. DC water pump
3. Does solar PV pumps are more expensive than normal water pumps?
Yes, it is true that the solar PV pump is more expensive than the normal water pump but it is only a one-time investment as if you take good care of your solar pump then it can be last for 20 to 30 years long.
4. Does the efficiency of the solar PV pump is affected by seasons?
Yes, the solar water pumps are mainly weather-dependent in nature. The efficiency rate is high on sunny days rather than on cloudy days.
5. What is the use of solar water pumps?
The main use of the solar water pump is to uplift the water from ponds, rivers, borewells, or other sources of water which is used for agricultural purposes.
6. Which is better DC or an AC pump?
DC pumps are much more advantageous than the AC pumps in the terms of efficiency and also no requirement in the inverter for operation but the cost of the DC pump is very high. And the repair and maintenance of DC pumps are very difficult in rural areas rather than AC pumps.
7. Once installed, is it possible to relocate the solar pump system?
Yes of course once you install the solar water pump, you can easily relocate your solar pump system.
8. Does a solar water pump work during cloudy and foggy days?
No, the solar water pump is not able to work properly on cloudy or foggy days.
9. How high can solar pump lift water?
Solar water pumps can lift up to the depth of 1000ft and are also able to deliver the required the amount quantity.
10. Can I use a solar pump for a pond?
Solar pond pumps are a great zero-cost solution as they run small water features in the pond without adding any huge amount of bills.