In India, 70% of the total electricity is generated from coal power. Prime Minister Narendra Modi guaranteed that by the year 2030, India will try to generate more solar energy including other renewal energies in India. By the year 2030, India is targetting to install 450GW of renewable energy capacity. From which 280 GW will be from solar. In the next 10 years, it is possible that the country will be able to install 25GW of solar energy. In India, the solar industry is mainly dependent on imported solar components such as Every year the solar industry spends up to a billion on solar imports.
- What Is Solar Energy?
- Future Scope Of Solar Energy In India.
- Types Or List of Solar Products
- 1. Solar Panels:
- 2. Solar Inverters:
- 3.Solar Heaters:
- 4. Solar Flower Sticks:
- 5. Solar Fans:
- 6.Solar Baterries:
- 7. Solar Generators:
- 8. Solar Rickshaws
- 9. Solar Cookers:
- 10. Solar AC:
- 11. Solar Roof Tops:
- 12. Solar Lights:
- 13. Solar Charger:
- 14. Solar Pumps:
- Upcoming Solar Products In India.
- Types of Solar System
- Impact of Solar Products on Environment
- Usage Of Solar Products From India's Perspective
- FAQ's On Solar Products
- 1. Which Solar Panels are good to use?
- 2. Is government subsidy available on a solar pump?
- 3. How many types of solar pumps are available in the Indian Market?
- 4. Is there any warranty related to the solar system?
- 5. How much backup solar battery can provide in an off-grid solar system?
- 6. Why should I buy a solar AC instead of any normal AC?
- 7. Can we run solar air conditioners without an electricity grid?
- 8. Where can I use a solar light?
- 9. What is the average battery backup in solar lights?
- 10. How to charge an inverter battery without electricity?
According to the government data, it is stated that in the year 2019-20 India imported various types of solar products such as solar wafers, cells, modules, and all this worth $2.5 billion. The government has to try to develop the capacity which is not enough to fulfill the request of installing 25GW solar power capacity every year. The current report is that India has installed the solar PV cells of the capacity of 3GW, solar PV modules capacity of 10-15, and solar inverters of the capacity of 5GW.
Nowadays, people are very attentive to solar energy, and also this energy is very trendy and people want to use solar products on the daily basis. So, if you want to install solar products in your house then you should have a brief knowledge about solar products. In this blog, I tried to give a piece of detailed information about the future scope of solar energy in India, types of solar products in India, future expectations of solar power in India, and many more. So, first, look at what is solar energy and its products below.
What Is Solar Energy?
Solar energy is a kind of energy that is mainly generated by the sun. It is created by the nuclear fusion that takes place in the sun. This source of energy has no limit and also it is very eco-friendly free of carbon dioxide and no harmful elements are generated into the air when the electricity is generated from it.
It is the affluent source of energy that is present on the earth and it can be trapped and used in various ways. As this is renewable energy so it is a big step for making our environment clean.
Future Scope Of Solar Energy In India.
According to the Ministry Of New And Renewable agency, The government of India has planned certain schemes in order to increase the usage of solar energy. The government also initiates many solar projects in order to achieve the goal.
From the year 2021-22, the Indian Government wants to develop solar Parkers and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects. The salient features of this scheme are:
- The scheme for “Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects” was rolled out by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy on 12-12-2014. Under this scheme, it was proposed to set up at least 25 Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects targeting over 20,000 MW of solar power installed capacity within a span of 5 years starting from 2014-15.
- The capacity of the Scheme has been enhanced from 20,000 MW to 40,000 MW vide this Ministry’s order dated 21-03-2017. These parks are proposed to be set up by 2021-22.
- The scheme envisages supporting the States/UTs in setting up solar parks at various locations in the country with a view to create required infrastructure for setting up of solar power projects. The solar parks provide suitable developed land with all clearances, transmission system, water access, road connectivity, communication network, etc. The scheme facilitates and speed up installation of grid connected solar power projects for electricity generation on a large scale.
- All the States and Union Territories are eligible for getting benefit under the scheme.
The capacity of the solar parks shall be 500 MW and above. However, smaller parks are also considered where contiguous land may be difficult to acquire in view of difficult terrain and where there is acute shortage of non-agricultural land.
- The solar parks are developed in collaboration with the State Governments and their agencies, CPSUs, and private entrepreneurs. The implementing agency is termed as Solar Power Park Developer (SPPD). There are 7 modes for selection of SPPDs.
- Under the scheme, the Ministry provides Central Financial Assistance (CFA) of up to Rs. 25 lakh per solar park for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR). Beside this, CFA of up to Rs. 20.00 lakh per MW or 30% of the project cost, including Grid-connectivity cost, whichever is lower, is also provided on achieving the milestones prescribed in the scheme.
- Further, the CFA of Rs. 20 Lakh /MW is apportioned on 60:40 basis towards development of internal infrastructure of solar park to the SPPD and for development of external transmission system to Central Transmission Utility (CTU)/ State Transmission Utility (STU) respectively i.e. Rs. 12 lakh per MW or 30% of the project cost whichever is lower is provided to the SPPDs towards development of internal infrastructures if the solar parks and Rs. 8 lakh per MW or 30% of the project cost whichever is lower is provided to the CTU or STU as the case may be towards development of external transmission system.
- The above CFA pattern is applicable only for Mode 1 to Mode-5. Mode-6 is without CFA by private entrepreneurs. Further, under Mode-7 the entire CFA of Rs. 20 Lakh/MW is only for External Transmission Infrastructure System.
On 31st December 2021, the Indian government wants to establish a scheme of Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Programme. The main object of this program is to achieve the cumulative capacity of 40,000MW from the Rooftop Solar Projects.
On December 31st, 2022, the government wants to establish the scheme known as Pradhan Mantri Kishan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyaan. The main objectives of this program are:
- The scheme aims to add solar and other renewable capacity of 25,750 MW by 2022 with total central financial support of Rs. 34,422 Crore including service charges to the implementing agencies.
The Scheme consists of three components:
- Component A: 10,000 MW of Decentralized Ground Mounted Grid Connected Renewable Power Plants of individual plant size up to 2 MW.
- Component B: Installation of 17.50 lakh standalone Solar Powered Agriculture Pumps of individual pump capacity up to 7.5 HP.
- Component C: Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid-connected Agriculture Pumps of individual pump capacity up to 7.5 HP.
Types Or List of Solar Products
In India, the Solar Industry is booming swiftly. Solar energy is very clean and as a result, it grabs the attention of many users. Solar energy is generated with the help of the solar panels that trap the heat and light of the sunrays and then convert them into electric energy which helps in running the various appliances.
Solar energy is the source of energy that is available during the day. As technology is modernizing day by day so it is possible that we can trap this solar energy and use it for various purposes. Solar energy is favorable energy to run a number of products. Solar products are very effective and useful for daily purposes. This is the list of Types of solar products in India. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Solar Panels:
Solar Panels are an array of Interconnected silicon solar cells called Photovoltaic cells which are linked with the circuit. Solar panels trap the sun rays and then convert them into electricity which travels across the wires and this energy is then used to run the home or the business appliances.
The solar panels can be used in various ways such as remote power systems for cabins, telecommunications equipment, remote sensing, and of course for the production of electricity by residential and commercial solar electric systems. There are a bunch of 60-70 silicon solar cells which are connected together to form a transparent glass. While installing the solar panels is you need to install the solar mounting in order to support the panels.
Polycrystalline Solar Panels
Polycrystalline Solar Panels are the common type of solar panels which are found in India. These panels are built by small pieces of silicon fibers which help in trapping the solar radiation and turn them into electricity. The efficient rate of these panels is 16-17% and these panels work efficiently in extreme weather.
Bi-facial Solar Panels
Bi-facial Solar Panels are designed in such a way that they can generate power from both sides. These panels are more durable than any other panel.
Monocrystalline Solar Panels
Monocrystalline Solar panels are designed in a blackish-hue on the surface. These panels are mainly made by the single silicon crystal and also have a more rounded shape with their corners cut off. their efficiency rate is lies between 19-20%.
Uses Of Solar Panels:
- Electricity Production: This panels helps in generating electricity. This process takes place by traping the solar energy and converting it into electricity. It can be used in various domestic as well as industrial purposes.
- Remote the Power Supply: The main benefit of the solar panels is to produce the electricity in the remote location. It helps in producing a plent amount of the solar energy.
- Battery Charging: The other main advantage of the solar panels is that it helps in cahrging the batteries. Solar panels can charge the abtteries during teh day and then it can be used in the night.
- Reducing Electricity Bills: The initial cost of the solar panels systems can be huge but if you think in the long run then it helps you to reduce your electrical bills. The more solar power you use the less amount if the bills will be generated.
- Space: If you install small solar panels at your home then they will not take a huge space to install.
2. Solar Inverters:
Solar Inverter is a type of electrical converter which helps in converting the Direct Current into the Alternative current which can be fed into the commercial electric grid or the off-grid electrical network. Most of the solar inverters which is available in the Indian market have an efficiency of over 95% and some as high as 98%. It is very important to choose the perfect solar panels if you want a peak performance of the solar inverter.
On-grid Solar Inverters:
These are also known as grid-tied or grid-connected solar inverters. These inverters are mainly connected with the on-grid solar system. These solar inverters are mainly beneficial for connecting the integrally connected to the utility grid. The excess electricity which is generated by the solar which is automatically authorized by the utility grid. This whole process is also known as net-metering.
Off-Grid Inverters are also called stand-alone solar inverters. These solar inverters are mainly used in off-grid solar systems and this inverter mainly works in completely isolated form. It is designed in such a way that it is connected with the off-grid inverters and then the panels are attached to the solar batteries which are joined to the off-grid inverter helps in generating the direct current from the solar panels and this helps in charge the battery. When there is power off the inverters convert the DC power which is stored in the solar battery and then convert it into AC power for running the home alliances.
Hybrid Solar The combination of the on-grid solar inverters and off-grid solar inverters are called Hybrid solar inverters. It helps in powering the home applications, charging the solar battery and the excess energy will be fed to the grid. If there is any power cut that happens then these panels are not generating an ample amount of energy to meet the load then it automatically switched to the battery supply and then continues to work independently.
Solar heaters are devices that help in heating the waters with the help of solar energy. These water heaters help to heat the water during the day and then it is stored in the insulated solar hot water tank for future purposes. This is very eco-friendly and cost-effective. On cloudy days, the solar water heaters have an integral electric heating element for back up.
ETC Solar Water
ETC solar water heaters are water heaters that are designed in such a way it gives insulation while using the double-layered borosilicate glass tube. Each of these tubes consists of two glass tubes with a vacuum in between the insulators. The outer wall of the inner layer is composed of Maximum solar radiation which is coated with absorbing materials.
FPC Solar Water Heaters
FPC Solar Water heaters help in absorbing the solar radiation in the Flat Plate collecter which is mainly made up of an insulated mater box and on top of that it is covered with a glass sheet. Inside the heater, it is a blackened metallic absorber sheet is present with inbuild channels. These help in absorbing the solar radiation and then converting the heat to flowing water.
Usage Of Solar Heater:
- Low maintanance: After installing the solar haeters it needed very less maintanance and the solar heaters can be last for upto 20 years.
- Low carbon emmision: These water heaters is very eco friendly which helps in the maintain the solar environment.
- High efficency: 80% of the solar radiation is truned into the heat energy which is needed to heat the water at home.
4. Solar Flower Sticks:
Solar Flower sticks are small lights that take energy from the sun and convert it into light in the evening. Each light consists of one or two small photovoltaic cells on the top of the lights and it helps in absorbing the sunlight and convert then into a usable form. In these small lights, the solar energy is used to charge the battery and once the sun sets then it turns into LED lights.
5. Solar Fans:
Solar Fans are mechanical fan which is run by solar power which is traped in the solar panels. The solar panels are mainly mounted on the fan or on the other hand they can be installed independently. Solar fans do not require any other energy except solar energy. It runs very fast in the hot season and helps to save a lot of electricity bills.
Uses Of Solar Fans:
- It is eco friedly in nature.
- As there are no electric cods are colllected so the risk of the ele tric accidents is very limited.
- The codless applications can be carried from one place to another other than the conventional fans.
Solar Batteries are designed in such a way that they can store the energy which can be stored with an off-grid and hybrid solar system. Solar batteries are developed in order to connect the solar charger or solar inverters fr the backup. With solar batteries, you can able to store the excess amounts of energy by the solar panels during the day and used them at night. Installing solar batteries at home helps you to use more solar power. Once the batteries are charged they are able to transmit the power into the grid.
Lithium-ion Solar Battery.
Lithium-ion Solar Battery has a long cycle life. These batteries have high charge and discharge capabilities which helps in harvesting more energy from the solar panels. These batteries are used to run solar street lights and solar power vehicles. these batteries are safe and stable for 15 -20 years and also maintenance-free.
Tall Tubular Solar Battery:
Tall Tubular Solar Battery is the better version of the normal solar batteries which can be utilized in-home or other places. these batteries are fully are used in off-grid solar systems, hybrid solar systems, solar home lighting systems, and solar street lights. It was required to top up with water for every 3-6 months and was able to store more power than any other battery.
Use Of Solar Batteries
- Energy Independence: The solar battery will helps to keep the lights on and also helsp to charge the phones in time of power cut.
- Quiet Backup power: Solar batteries provide the backup when the grid goes down.
- Electric bill savings: These solar batteries help in saving electric bills.
7. Solar Generators:
Solar Generators are portable generators which is consist of solar panels, solar panel batteries, and a battery charger. The solar panels present in the solar generator helps in capturing the solar energy and then transferring solar energy in the battery to generate electricity. These inverters then take that energy and then convert it from DC to AC before releasing it.
Use Of Solar Generators:
- Free fuel from the sun: The solar generator costs no fuels so it totally free of cost.
- Claen and renewable energy: Solar generator is mainly rely on the clean and renewable energy. This generates zero pollutants when they produce or store energy.
- Quiet and low maintenance: Another great advantage of this generator has no sound. Also, it helps in reducing the amount of maintenance.
8. Solar Rickshaws
Solar Rickshaws are mainly controlled by the solar battery which is charged by solar power. The rikshaw ahs also has solar panels which help in generating the electricity through which the rikshaw can activate easily. These solar cells are made up of tiny solar cells that are beneficial for converting solar energy into electricity.
Use Of Solar Rikshaws:
- Contribute to Zero Contamination: The solar rikshaw run by the solar energy so there is no smoke outflow when the rikshaw is driven.
- Better And Affordable Maintanance: this rikshaw so not nned a huge amout of maintanance.
- Earing high wages with less consumption: The Solar Rikshaw is a huge assests in the Indian market as it has a huge profit as it do not need any kind of the fuel and also it is very easy for maintanance.
9. Solar Cookers:
Solar Cookers or solar ovens are devices that are used by solar power to cook, heat, or pasteurize any food. These solar cookers are very simple to use, efficient, and also very portable. These are much preferable to any other commercial ovens in India. The main benefit of these cookers is it is not dependent on fuel services.
Box Ovens are the most common and cost-effective solar cookers. These boxes are designed very simply and also consist of low-cost materials. The outer box is designed of wood whereas the inner box is made of insulating materials which are covered by clear glass or plastics and a reflector of aluminum.
Panel Cookers are consists of flat panels which reflects the sunlight for cooking and heating purpose. The design of the panel cooker is quite similar to the open box cookers.
Parabolic Solar Cookers
Parabolic Solar Cookers is consists of solar box and panel cookers, parabolic cookers which is very effective and also can cook food easily. But it requires some frequent adjustment and supervision for safe running.
Uses Of Solar Cookers:
- This cookers helps you to cook any time of the day.
- It is very eco friendly and do not generate any kind of harful fuel during cooking.
- If the solar cooker is used outrside then it do not contribute inside the heat and also save the fuel costs for cooling purposes.
10. Solar AC:
Solar AC is powered by solar energy used by the solar panels. Unlike any other AC, the solar AC is mainly run by Solar energy which is trapped in the panels and then is converted into kinetic energy. The solar energy industry is popular day by day. the solar AC has been generated from the three powers such as Solar Power, Solar Battery Bank&Electricity Grid.
Uses Of Solar AC:
- The solar AC helps in reducing the electric bills.
- If the power went off no need to worrey about that as the solar AC can run without electricity.
- This AC can run by both the solar and electric grid.
- After installation the solar AC do not need much maintanance.
11. Solar Roof Tops:
Solar Roof Tops are also known as Rooftop PV system are the PV system which helps in generating electricity by trapping the solar radiation from the solar panels that are mounted on the rooftop of your home or any other industrial organization. While designing the various rooftops there are various types of components needed which are photovoltaic modules, mounting systems, cables, solar inverters, and other electrical accessories. In India, most of the solar rooftops are developed by Grid Connected photovoltaic Power systems.
Grid Connected Solar Rooftops
Grid Connected Solar Rooftops are mainly connected with the grid with the help of net or gross metering and they do not need any battery backup.
Hybrid Rooftops are look-alike grid-connected solar rooftops but there is one dissimilarity which is installed with the battery backup. When the power went off then this battery gives power to the consumer.
Off Grid Solar Rooftops
Off-grid solar rooftops are not interconnected with the grid. They also installed battery backup. They are very expensive as there is the availability of the battery backup.
Uses Of Solar Roof Tops:
- Solar rooftops helps in cost savings. The traffic rate of the solar rooftops in the industrial and commercial are mich cheaper by 17% and 27% respectively.
- The solar roof tops is a secure inverstments as the price of the power which is generated by them can be calculate dasily.
- Indian Government supports the people to aquire the solar power and also the government gives the tax benifits to them who install the solar rooftops in the residential or the commercial purposes.
- The another important factr is that these rooftops need very less amoount if the maintanance. If you maintain your rootops nicely then one roof tops can give a serive over 20 years.
12. Solar Lights:
Solar Lights are the most revolutionary solar product done in history. The solar lights are designed with various components like Solar panels, several LED bulbs, a rechargeable solar battery a mounting structure, and other small solar accessories. In order to generate solar power, the panels which are attached to the solar lights trap solar radiation and then convert this radiation into electrical energy stored in the solar battery for future use. Solar Lights are not dependent on any other grid and also do not need any kinds of heavy wiring which makes look light and also very convenient to use.
Solar street lights
Solar street lights or stand-alone street lights are consists of solar panels and solar LED which are joined on the pole. The solar lights are beneficial for converting the solar radiation during the day into electricity and then it can be used at the night. The normal size of the solar street light is around 10-15 areas of illumination.
Solar Home lights
Solar Home lights mostly consist of solar panels which help in trapping the solar energy in the daylight and generate electricity and then it can be stored in the solar battery. These stored energies can be on cloudy days.
Solar lamps and lanters
Solar lamps and lanterns have inbuild batteries that can be charged by solar radiation. It is designed in such a way that it can be lifted easily. though it is lightly weighted still it is very efficient in nature.
Solar emergency lights
Solar emergency lights are developed with great features that help in providing at least 5 to 7 hours of power backup. these emergency lights are very comfortable to use and also can be turned on and off very easily.
Uses Of Solar Lights:
- Eco Friendly: Solar Lights helps in reduction of the global footprint.
- Cost effective: Thses solar lights are very cost effetive. At first they include a high amount of upfront cost but once it has been installed you do not need to worry about the maintanance.
- Wide varity of styles: The solar panels have various amount of styles, shapes, sizes, and types of solar lighting. All of the design are very sofisticated nad also soothing.
13. Solar Charger:
Solar Chargers are appliances that use sunlight the generate electricity. This charger works similarly to the PV system. At first, the sunray is absorbed by the solar cells and then it converts to electricity. This stored electricity is then used to charge devices like cell phones, laptops, car batteries, reading lights, personal fans, etc.
14. Solar Pumps:
Solar Pumps are devices that are mainly run by PV panels. These panels are developed by various substances like solar panels, solar inverters, controllers, and sometimes a solar battery. Solar is more popular among farmers as it can be used for agricultural purposes. But these are not only used for agriculture but also in various ways such as fountains, swimming pool pumps, water circulation pumps, mono-block home pumps, etc.
Solar Submersible Pumps
Solar Submersible Pumps are the solar pumps that are used for uplifting the underground water. It helps to uplift water from the depth of 15 meters. These submersible pumps are most favorable among the other regular pumps in India.
Solar Surface Pumps
Solar Surface Pumps are designed comparatively in smaller sizes than solar submersible pumps but they are very efficient. They help in uplifting shallow water where the depth is only 15meters.
Uses Of Solar Pumps:
- The solar water pumps are very easy to install.
- These solar pumps can moved from one place to another.
- The solar water pumps are also very easy to maintan than any other pumps. these pumps can run over years without any maintanance.
- It do not need any eternal power to run as the main source these are solar energy which is present in pleanty amount in the nature.
Also, read our blogs on Best Solar Companies In India.
Upcoming Solar Products In India.
Solar is the fastest-growing energy source in the whole world. The energy is then found in amply amount which can be easily accessible. Nowadays there are lots of better ways you can easily take advantage of solar energy. There are two primary technologies that can dominate solar power includes photovoltaics (PV) and concentrated solar power (CSP). There are lots of new changes which are developed around these technologies. Here are the top six technologies that attract attention and these are:
1.Light Sensitive Nanoparticles:
This is one of the best revolutionary solar power in general. It is actually a technology that helps in making things more flexible and affordable for solar cells. The new materials recommend the usage of n-type and p-type semiconductors. These can actually be functional on the outside and it is very challenging in the previous designs. This works for controlling solar energy as it captures the light much better way. Basically, these panels help in estimating the solar power more efficiently which is nearly 8% in the conversion of the sunlight.
2.Bifacial Solar Modules
Bifacial Solar Modules are the most revolutionary solar panels. It helps in producing solar power more effectively on both sides. when it is installed on a reflective surface like a TOP roof then it produces more energy as compared to any other solar panel. It has estimated the production f 30% which is extra from the generation in the rear side of the module. Bifacial modules come up with different models and some of them can be framed and some are frameless.
3. Thin Film Solar:
Thin-film solar is another great innovation of science. it is more accessible than using any other huge solar panels. these solar films can be painted easily and it also helps in reducing the cost. Thin-Film solar also allows you to place the solar power in different places.
4. Hairy Solar Panels:
The Hairy Solar Panels is mainly used for designing the core of the nanotechnology where the light absorbed the nanowires that are combined with the carbon nanotube fabric. Then these nanowires help in better absorption f the energy compared with the silicon fibers. These panels are more efficient than solar energy.
5. Solar Windows:
Solar Windows is another revolutionary invention done by scientists. These windows are mainly treated with the new electricity generation coating as it remains transparent and has the capability of converting solar energy into electricity. This coating of the solar window has the capacity of producing the smallest functional solar cells. So, these are more effective and efficient styles of solar power compared to any other solar product.
6. Floating Solar Panels:
There are many countries that are facing problems with the mount solar systems as they required huge spaces. As it is very challenging to use in the farmland areas so the companies are eager to come up with some alternative solution. So, they come up with the idea of floating solar panels. This hydraulic floating PV system allows the conventional PV panels to be installed on the water such as large reservoirs, lakes, canals, irrigation, tailing ponds, and even hydroelectric dam reservoirs. It is a great solution that worked well as it is negligible the scope of wasting the water and land respectively.
Read Our blog on Best Solar Charge Controller In India
Types of Solar System
The solar system always includes various substances like photovoltaic panels, wiring, and inverters but still, there are a lot of various about the setup of the solar panels so that they can provide us clean, inexpensive energy. There are mainly three types of solar systems these are On Grid-Tied systems, Hybrid systems, and grid systems. Each of the solar panels has its unique benefits as well as can be used in a different way.
All these solar panels help in generating electricity by converting the solar energy that is trapped on the solar panels.
the grid-tied is very effective and cost-friendly but a Hybrid solar system is a wise choice. The cost of the solar batteries helps in storing the solar energy for a lo=ng time which can be used in the future.
On grid Solar System
The on-grid solar system is also can be called a Grid-tie solar system. This solar system consists of solar panels and a solar inverter. In the grid solar system, the solar panels help generate electricity while on the other hand, the solar inverters help in regulating the voltage of the power of the home applications. The solar On grid system is in trend and there are many appliances present where this system is used. This system helps you to run your load without any load limitations.
Advantages of On grid Solar System
- Huge reductionin electricity bills: It helps the consumers to pay only for the surplus electricity that the user has consumed. The electric bills which is generated is very low. It helps the customers to reduce their electricity bills upto 90%.
- Easy maintanance: This system can be easy to maintenance.
- Synchronize with the other souse of power: On grid solar system can also be run by the diseal generator. This is very crutial in case the grid power is not available.
- Better ROI: The cost of this solar system isvery cheap as it did not have any batteries to run. This also helps in generating the heighest amount of power in the comparison to any other types of the solar systems. The minimal maintanance and reduction of the monthly bills that ensure that the ROI of the customers is 25-30%.
Off Grid SolarSystem:
The off-grid solar system is also known as the stand-alone solar system. It consists of solar panels, solar inverts, and also solar batteries. In this solar system, the solar panels are helpful in generating electricity and then it is stored in the solar batteries for upcoming usage. This stored power is so beneficial that it helps in providing backup power when it failed to generate electricity during the night or rainy season. The solar system uses solar panels in order to capture the sunlight and then it is converted into electricity.
During the day the solar panels will connect with the load and helps in balancing the energy which is stored in the solar battery. So in simple words, we can say that during the day the solar system helps in running the home appliances and the extra energy is stored in the battery and it is used when in the night or when it is needed.
Advantages of Off Grid Solar Power
- This system can run independently without rely on any grid.
- Off grid solar system can generate eneough electricity that can be stored and used in night.
- These are basically benificals for the remote areas where there is no access of the grid power access.
- If there is any kind of infrastruture faults then it do not bother these system to provide the power supply.
Hybrid Solar System:
The Hybrid Solar system is the fusion of the On-grid and off-grid solar systems. The hybrid solar system helps in storing the excess electricity in the solar battery. In case if the solar battery is fully charged then it automatically transfers the energy into the utility grid. This solar system works during electricity failure. It also provides us with the battery back up and also helps in reducing the electricity bills.
Advantages Of Hybrid Solar System:
- Continuous power supply: the hybrid solar system helps in providing the power continuously without any kind of interuption as the battery within it provides the energy.
- Utilize the renewal source inn the best way: As the batteries are connected within the system it helps in storing the energy. As a result it do not waste any kind of energy during the sunny days.
- Low maintanance cost: The maintanance cost of this solar system is very cheap than any other generators and also it do not need any kind of fuel to run the system or it also do nit need frequnt servicing.
- High efficiency: The hybrid solar system is more efficient than any other solar system ever. This solar system work very efficiently without wasting any kind of fuel.
Impact of Solar Products on Environment
The sun gives us an enormous amount of resources for generating clean and sustainable electricity without generating any toxic pollution or any global warming emissions. The potential environmental impacts with the solar products such as land usage and habitat loss, water usage, and the usage of hazardous materials.
There are mainly dependent on the technology, which mainly includes two categories :(a) photovoltaic(PV) Solar cells and (b) Concentrating Solar Thermal Plants(CSP). The scale of the system which is ranging from the small, Distributed rooftop PV line to large utility-scale PV and CSP projects plays a significant role in the level of the environmental facts.
Impacts Of Solar Products In Land :
On the basis of the location, the huge amount of solar products can be described but it can cover land degradation and also habitat loss. The area needed for the development is lean on the technology, the topography of the site, and the intensity of the solar resource. The land impacts of the utility-scale of the solar fields can be decreased by setting them into low-quality areas such as brownfields, abandoned mining land, or existing transportation and transmission corridors. The smaller PV panels are used to make the homes or any organization can also help in minimal impact.
Impacts Of Solar Products As Per Energy Demand:
Solar required a lot amount of energy for production. Mining, manufacturing, and transportation all need some amount of energy. Quartz must be processed and also cleaned which is then manufactured by the other components and also came from the different solar modules. Heating the Quartz required a huge amount of solar energy. The panels should be designed by combining the materials which made them more efficient. All of this also required an ample amount of energy.
Impacts Of Solar Products On Chemicals:
To produce the solar panel’s silicon fiber is required which is a semi-conductor processing and also involves hazardous chemicals. While designing the panels the chemicals may or may not be released properly. This may cause a huge effect on our environment.
Impacts Of Solar Procust While Recycling The Panels:
Though the solar panel’s decomposition is not a major issue it will become one in the future. So, the solar panels are needed to be replaced. Nowadays the solar modules are decomposed with other standard e-waste.
Usage Of Solar Products From India’s Perspective
In India, there are many states which are facing the crisis of electricity due to the shortage of the supply of coal. As the majority of the electricity is produced by coal and thus occurs a shortage of coal in India and as a result, there are many states like Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu that have most of the powercut. India stands third largest among the consumption of electricity in the whole world and so it is facing a huge danger. It is stated that around 75% of the electricity is produced from fossil fuels in India.
The disturbance in this supply of fossil fuel is greatly hampered electricity generation.
We all know that without electricity our daily life will be held back and thus the best solution is to use renewable energy especially solar energy as it is clean and eco friendly in nature. This energy provides a better system to the main kind.
India has installed solar power with a capacity of 45611.91 MW which is about 18%. In India, there is the availability of ample amount of solar energy with the potential of 5000 Trillion kWh/year of solar energy. On 31st August 2021, India installed solar panels with a capacity of 44.3GW. Whereas in the terms of power generation India has to produce 60.4TWh of electricity within 2020-21.
Solar energy can be generated off-grid which means that it can be produced independently and can transmit in different places. The Ministry Of Renewal And New Energy of India stated that the off-grid appliances programs are done in order to achieve the installation of the off-grid applications such as 17,23,479 home lights, 2,86,830 solar panels, and 2,16,407.67 kW of Standalone solar plants have been installed in this same program.
The Indian Government also launched a program which is ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan’ and this means installing the new standalone solar pumps in the off-grid areas.
The main aim of this is to help the farmers by providing them with a reliable source of irrigation. The renewable energy ministry also planned to implement the scheme in order to provide 70 lack of solar study lamps to rural students for their education purpose. Indian Government has set a goal of installing grid-connected solar power with a capacity of 114GW by the year 2022.
The Indian government as well as the private sector taking initiative in this industry. Companies like Loom Solar, TATA solar power, Adani Green Energy Limited, Wateree Energies Limited is the common name of this sector.
Before wrapping up I would like to tell you that there are lots of solar products which are present in the India Market and also people want to use them as we all know that the solar products are very affordable, eco-friendly, comfortable to use without any hassle. They also do not produce any kind of harmful chemicals or toxic substances. This application is mainly run by solar power by converting the power into electricity and some of them can also store this excess power for future use.
These solar products can be used either for household purposes or industrial purposes. The government also taking initiative for placing as much solar energy capacity in the country. So as a result there are many companies are emerging in solar energy and they also coming up with lots of innovative ideas about how to use an excessive amount of solar energy. So if you tink to install any of the solar products in your home you should know all the information as well as the consequences of the products.
Above the blog, you will find different types of solar products in India that you can use. So I hope that this article will help you to choose your perfect solar products. Do you use any of the products? Do let me know in the comment section below. I will be glad to know about your experience.
FAQ’s On Solar Products
1. Which Solar Panels are good to use?
Solar panels like monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and bi-facial solar panels are good to use. But still, before buying the solar panels you should definitely ask a solar expert regarding this.
2. Is government subsidy available on a solar pump?
Absolutely there are 90% of government subsidies on the panels are available for the farmers.
3. How many types of solar pumps are available in the Indian Market?
There are two types of solar pumps available in the Indian Market
1. Solar Submersible Pump
2. Solar Surface Pump
4. Is there any warranty related to the solar system?
There is about 25 years warranty for solar panels, 5 years for solar battery, and 2 years for solar inverters.
5. How much backup solar battery can provide in an off-grid solar system?
The solar batteries are mainly developed in C10 rate batteries which helps them to give 6-12 hours of battery backup.
6. Why should I buy a solar AC instead of any normal AC?
The solar AC helps in reducing the electricity bills and also does not need any kind of maintenance.
7. Can we run solar air conditioners without an electricity grid?
Yes, of course, the solar AC is also known as stand-alone AC which indicates that it can run without electricity. At first, the solar AC is powered by the solar panels and then the excess electricity is stored in the battery for future purposes.
8. Where can I use a solar light?
The solar lights can be used in various ways such as in the garden, in the street light, at school, in the homes, for commercial purposes, etc.
9. What is the average battery backup in solar lights?
In solar lights, the average back is about 18-24 hours long.
10. How to charge an inverter battery without electricity?
First, you have to attach the solar panels to the inverter battery through the charge controller, and thus in this way you can charge your inverter without the electricity.