Greenhouse gas emission has risen up to 25% since the industrial revolution began 150 years ago. Today the usage of fossil fuel is increased up to 80% and all this energy is consumed in India. The burning of coal and petroleum for more than 60% of causes Carbon dioxide emission in India.
- What Is Solar Energy?
- Future Impact Of The Solar Energy
- What Is Solar Air Conditioner?
- How Solar Air Conditioner Works?
- Benifits Of The Portable Solar Air Conditioner
- Types Of Solar AC
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Solar AC.
- How To Run Your Existing Air Conditioner on Solar Power?
- How Much Does The Solar Air Conditioner Costs?
- How To Choose The Perfect Solar Air Conditioner
The demand for AC is increasing day by day due to the forecast of the temperature which is increasing. We all need AC during the summer season to beats down our homes anThe demand for AC is increasing day by day due to the forecast of the temperature which is increasing. We all need AC during the summer season to beats down our homes and heat up the indoor environment.
But the traditional keeps our building cool by damaging the environment as it emits carbon products. By minimizing the use of fossil fuels and also replacing them we can use renewable energies helps in decreasing global warming. The best way to do it is by switching our regular AC to solar AC. As the solar is totally controlled by solar energy and also it helps in cooling your home without damaging the environment.
If you planning to establish a solar Air Conditioner in your building then you must have a brief knowledge about it. In this blog, I tried to put down all the detailed information about the solar Air conditioners which are found in the Indian market and write about them. In this context, you will find out the definition of a Solar Air Conditioner, how it works, its benefits, and much more. Before jumping into the article let’s cultivate knowledge about solar energy and its market overview.
- On-Grid Solar System For Home
- Best Off Grid Solar System In India
- Best Hybrid solar System In India
- Best Small Solar Panels In India
- Subsidy On The Solar Water Pump
- Best Solar Street Light In India
What Is Solar Energy?
Sunlight is a renewable energy that is converted into usable energy with the help of solar panels. The solar panels are arranged in such a way that they can capture the sunlight in large amounts. The cells are made up of semiconductor materials, as a result, the solar radiation hits the cells, and then it loses the electron from their atoms. It permits the electron to flow through the planes to produce electricity.
On a much larger scale, the solar collector helps in generating a large amount of electricity. Solar thermal power plants can be used for various techniques in order to produce power using sunlight.
Related: Top Solar Companies In India 2021
Future Impact Of The Solar Energy
India’s ability to ensure clean and reliable energy for increasing the population is very crucial for the future development of the economy of the country. But to avoid the carbon-emission path which is previously followed by the other countries will require strong policies, technological leaps, and a surge in clean energy investment, according to a new report released today by the International Energy Agency. India Energy Outlook for 2021 explores the opportunities and challenges that move India forward to ensure that affordable and sustainable energy is growing in the population.
Growth Of The Solar Energy
According to the Ministry of New and renewable energy, From January 2021 to September 2021, there is roughly 8811MW solar Capacity added in India. In the report submitted by JMK Research, it is mentioned that the capacity is about 280% and 101% which is much higher than the previous year. A new report generated by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) it is stated that till September 2021 India’s installation capacity is reached about 101.53 GW.
Solar energy contributes to roughly 46% share of the total segmentation.in January 11 2015 the government set launched a program which is National Solar Mission and the main target of this mission is to install 100 GW grid-connected solar power plants by the year 2022. This is in line with India’s Intended Nationally Determined Contributions(INDCs) target to achieve about 40 percent cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources and to reduce the emission intensity of its GDP by 33 to 35 percent from the 2005 level by 2030.
Future Impact And The Scope Of The Solar Energy
According To the IBEF, the government motivates to increase the use of solar energy and it is already undertaken various sustainable power projects and also promoted green energy:
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) developed a target to set up the renewal energy with the capacity of 227 GW by the year 2022 out of which 114 GW is planned ffor solar and 67 GW for wind and the other Renewal Energy.
- India pledged that it would derive at least 40% of its energy needs from renewable sources by 2030.
- It is aticipated that by the year 2040,whih is arounfd 49% of the total electricity is generated by the renewal energy which is further cut to the solar energy cost by the 66% as compared to the current cost.
- Use of renewables in place of coal will save India Rs. 54,000 crores (US$ 8.43 billion) annually. Renewable energy will account for 55% of the total installed power capacity by 2030. As per the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) estimates, by 2029-30, the share of renewable energy generation would increase from 18% to 44%, while that of thermal is expected to reduce from 78% to 52%.
- According to the year-end review (2020) by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, another 49.59 GW of renewable energy capacity is under installation and an additional 27.41 GW of capacity has been tendered. This puts the total capacity of renewable energy projects (already commissioned or in the pipeline) at aproximately 167 GW.
What Is Solar Air Conditioner?
Everyone wants to stay cool in the summer season that’s why people have air conditioning systems in their homes. But the regular AC is very costly and has an esto=imated of 12% of the average home energy consumption. The solar Air Conditioner can be a great alteration of the traditional AC. As by installing it you can get many advantages by both environmentally and economically.
The solar AC is a device that can be powered by solar power which is generated from the solar panels. This works exactly like the traditional AC but they have more powerful options than the regular AC. The regular AC can be controlled only by the electricity but the solar AC is controlled by the three power which are Solar power, solar battery bank, and lastly the electricity grid. Solar Air Conditioner becomes more popular day by day. They are designed 5 stars rated intelligence Air Conditions which not only helps to save electricity but also helps in reducing the carbon footprint.
Read our blog on Solar Water Pumps For Agriculture
How Solar Air Conditioner Works?
There are a few different types of solar AC but many of them are not available in the market. Now let’s look at how solar AC works. shall we!
Solar photovoltaic Air Conditioners systems are mainly run by trapping the solar energy with the help of the solar panels which are usually mounted at the top of the building. These panels transfer the solar energy into electricity which powers the solar AC to run perfectly. Then this electricity is stored in the battery for future usage. there is some hybrid AC system that is connected to the electricity grid that helps in providing an extra boost.
Solar Thermal Systems are run by solar energy which is captured by the solar plate. This energy then directly controls the electric generator which powers the compressor that is responsible for the refrigeration process of the AC. This device utilizes the electricity from the grid to run the fans and the electric control panels.
Adsorption chillers are devices that employ the solar energy from the solar panels to control the fan and compressor motor of the solar AC resulting in the evaporation and condensation to generate cool air.
Read our Blog on the List Of Best Solar Mounting System Manufacturers in India
Benifits Of The Portable Solar Air Conditioner
Solar AC is available in both the hybrid system as well as the completely solar-powered absorption chillers. Nowadays the usage of solar AC is boosting in the market of India. These devices are both eco-friendly and also save a lot of electricity bills. If you are planning to install the solar AC then these are the benefits that you will be able to enjoy. Now let’s look at them:
- Smaller Carbon Foortprint: Today people are concerned about the global warming.So they are planning to avoid using the devices which are run by the fossiel fuel as it causes damage to the environment. So they are trying to use the solar products as much as possible. The solar power air conditioner is just a solar product which is a mordern way towards saving the environment. This switch can help in reducing the carbon footprint and overall the electricity usage.
- Multipurpose Opportunities: Once the solar panels are installed in your building then you can able to utilize it to power any kind of solar products. A solar AC is just one example. You can also connect the solar panels to the other things in order to see the benifits from the transition to a more solar energy home.
- Cost Savings: The portable solar AC unit mayy cost more advanced and you acn also able to retain a lots of money. The more solar producst available in your home the less amount of bill will be generated.
- Less Material Consumption: The ultilization of the solar Ac can decrease the amount of the material which is required to make and maintain the AC. If you already have solar panels then it is easy for you to use the solar AC. The solar AC use fewer materials and moving parts which are very cost convient and non-pollutng to susnstain it at a long period of time.
Read our Blog on The Solar Lights For Garden In India.
Types Of Solar AC
If you are already make up your mind to install solar energy at your home then you must be disoriented about which one should you install. Before looking at the specific brand let me guide you about the different types of solar AC present in the Indian market. There are mainly three types of solar AC available these are: (a) Direct Current Solar AC, (b) Alternating Current Solar AC, (c) Hybrid Solar AC.
Direct Current Or DC Solar AC
The DC solar ACs are run by the direct current which means that the solar panels are straight-up wired to it. These devices are controlled by the solar batteries that are charged by solar power. They utilize solar power which is captured by the solar panels and then transfer the energy into kinetic energy. There are some of the advantages of it these are:
- They can easily be install and maintain
- As the solar panels manufacture DC electricity so controlling these AC is not a big problem as they directly off the solar panels.
- They can run by the minimal extra equipments.
Read our blog on Best Solar Charge Controller Price In India
Alternating Current Or AC Solar AC
The alternating solar AC is also controlled by solar energy but it also has an additional device known as a Solar inverter which is also required to function the system properly. This inverter helps in converting the DC from the solar panels and turning them into AC. The inverters are part of the setup. The solar AC then utilized the energy which is stored in the solar battery after passing the energy to the inverter. This device also provides many advantages such as:
- These solar ACs can also wind up to the grid power to the as the standered AC.
- The main advantage of this system is that it can be controlled by the solar as well as the grid power.
Hybrid Solar Conditioner
The hybrid solar ACs are run by both the AC and the DC energy at the same time. The units can be attached to both the solar panels as well as the electricity grid. The main advantages of these devices are:
- In this device there is no need for any additional equipments
- They can swift between solar power and grid power at the same easily.
- they are very easy to operate at any time of the day.
Related: Solar Water Heater For Home
Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Solar AC.
Solar AC solves the problems of the scarcity of fossil fuels. This system runs by the external heat source in the form the solar panels. The panels collect the solar energy and then transfer it into electricity. The regular AC relies on electricity whereas solar energy relies on the sun. There are many solar Ac system available in the market which has a lot of advantages and disadvantage that you must have a piece of knowledge.
Save On Utility Costs: The solar AC will help you to save a lot of money but the initial cost and the installation cost are high. But in long run, it is beneficial in saving money and the environment. Though you have a solar-powered AC or a hybrid AC unit, solar energy helps in minimizing the cost of maintenance.
Clean Energy: Solar energy is the cleanest energy which is available in nature. There are lots of people who are aware of green living and conserving the environment. For then it is a great opportunity as it is only controlled by solar power which helps in reducing greenhouse emissions.
Low Maintenance: After installing the solar AC there is minimal maintenance cost available in the market. These devices work effectively and also you don’t have to appoint any technicians for the repair of the AC.
Financing Solution: The governments motivate the people for installing solar AC. the government initiatives, Banks, National and International Organizations are facilitate the solar companies with various subsidies, financing, and tax incentives to the consumers.
Weather Dependent: The Solar AC is weather dependent. This means that if the weather is a little bit cloudy then the solar AC will be unable to work properly. As the panels will be unable to gather the maximum solar energy which results in decreasing the efficiency of the solar AC.
Cleaning: The solar panels are needed to be cleaned properly as the solar panels are responsible for collecting the solar energy and transferring the same to the electrical energy. So if there is any layer on the solar panels available then it is unable to trap the solar energy which further decreases the efficiency of the solar AC.
How To Run Your Existing Air Conditioner on Solar Power?
Many of the customers have installed AC at their homes for cooling purposes in the summer but these ACs are very costly. So as a result no one wants to switch their regular AC with the solar AC. But now you do not need to switch your AC as you can convert it into the solar AC.
The normal ACs run on the Alternate current but they cannot run by the direct current. So in order to make your regular AC to solar AC, you have to install a 5kW solar system. All of the solar systems have a solar inverter in them. A solar inverter is a very intelligent device that can turn any DC electricity into AC electricity which helps to run the AC on the solar power.
How Much Does The Solar Air Conditioner Costs?
Solar AC is the new revolutionary technology that is not only energy efficient but also cost-effective for homes. The solar AC uses solar power to assist the high-efficiency compressor in order to decrease energy usage. The solar AC is the only main application that consumes high power and so the use of solar Panels needs some special observation. The average solar Air Conditioners sale price starts from Rs.99000 for 1 ton and it can rise up to Rs. 1.36 Lacks for 1.5 ton AC.
|Solar AC Tonnage||Solar Panel Watts||Cost Of Solar AC|
|Solar AC 1 Ton||1500 Watts||Rs.97000|
|Solar AC 1.5 Ton||2500 Watts||Rs. 139000|
|Solar AC 2 Ton||3500 Watts||Rs. 179000|
Solar Air Conditioner 1 Ton
For a small room, approximately 100Sqft 1 Ton solar ac will be sufficient. The 1 Ton ac capasity is 12000BTU. During the day the AC works on the solar whereas at night it automatically switched to grid. It helps in saving the electricity bill at peak hours. Minimum 200Sqft of the South Facing Roof Area which is required to install the solar AC.
|Solar AC||1 ton|
|Solar panel||1500 watt|
|Solar Inverter||2 kVA (24 volts)|
|Solar Battery||2 Nos(24 volts)|
|Cooling Capacity||12000 BTU|
|Moisture Removal Rate||1.2 kg/hr|
|Power Requirement||AC 230 V, 50 Hz|
|Additional Filter||PM 2.5 Micron Filter (3M Brand)|
Solar Air Conditioner 1.5 Ton
For a standard room like 150Sqft, 1.5 ton solar AC is enough for it. The solar AC has a cooling capacity of about 18000BTU. The Minimum of 300 Sqft of The South Facing Roof Area is required to install this solar AC.
|Solar AC||1.5 ton|
|Solar panel||2500 watt|
|Solar Inverter||3.5 kVA (48 volts)|
|Solar Battery||4 Nos(48 volts)|
|Cooling Capacity||18000 BTU|
|Moisture Removal Rate||1.9 kg/hr|
|Power Requirement||AC 230 V, 50 Hz|
|Additional Filter||PM 2.5 Micron Filter (3M Brand)|
How To Choose The Perfect Solar Air Conditioner
If you want to install the perfect solar ac at your home with affordable cost and high-efficiency capacity then follow these tips I hope it will help you a lot.
Check The Brand: Solar AC is a big investment. So before investing in solar AC you have to choose a reliable brand with a huge reputation and also have a good review. A good brand does not compromise quality. so it is sure that if you buy the AC from the reputed brand then it will provide good service for the long run.
Read Reviews: If you want to know about the best solar companies in India then you can start reading online reviews and testimonials. It helps you to give you detailed information about the product and the company.
Compare With The Other Sites: Do not forget to compare the different brands of solar AC. In this platform, you will find the features and professional reviews given by the technicians and also by the users. Also, compare the different solar AC prices of the different brands.
Warranty: The best solar energy companies provide long warranties on their solar products. So before purchasing the solar AC you must check the warranty period offered by each brand and then select the best one.
Energy Efficiency Certificate: As there are lots of companies for solar products the only way to verify the authenticity of the brand it can be done by independent certification. Look for the ENERGY STAR and SEER certificate which proves that the products have undergone the certification process of energy efficiency.
Range Of Solar AC Products: Every household needs a special kind of solar AC. Some of them need DC solar AC, or AC solar Ari Conditioner, or solar inverter AC. A good brand provides a huge range of solar AC and hardware to suit the different consumer needs. The best brands also provide the service with the rest of the solar AC hardware which also includes solar PVs, inverters, fuse protection, air switches, lightning arresters, and others.
Reliable Technical Support: Look for the brands which offer convenience and reliable support for installing and maintaining the solar air conditioner. A good brand will have a good dealer who handles the install servicing and also any other technical problems.
Conclusion Best Solar Air Conditioner
Lastly, to recap the whole topic, solar AC acts an important part in our health and comfort during the summer season. the traditional AC mainly depends upon the grid electricity whereas solar ac can be run by solar power. The main benefits of these devices are they help in maintaining our electricity bills without damaging the environment. If you choose to install the solar AC instead of the traditional AC it will offer you many advantages in both finance and the environmental impact also.
Though it has some disadvantages investing in it is totally worth it. If your geographical location is favorable for the solar energy system, then you must install the solar products at your home. But if you do not have any solar products then you can use this solar AC at your home for generating clean energy and saving nature from global warming.
Thank you for visiting my page. I hope through this you could be able to cultivate the knowledge of the solar AC. If you have any confusion or query do let me know in the comment section below. I will be glad to solve them.
FAQ’S Of Best Solar Air Conditioner In India
1. Can we run solar air conditioners without an electricity grid?
Yes, we can run our solar air conditioners without the electric grid as the primary source of energy of the solar AC is solar energy which is captured in the solar panels and then transfer the energy into electrical energy to run the AC.
2. How is a hybrid solar air conditioner different from a standard heat pump?
A hybrid solar AC unit has the potential to operate the two modes which are direct DC and Hybrid dc. If the solar panels are dedicated to cooling only then these panels do not need to connect to the local utility power grid.
3. Why should I buy a solar ac instead of any normal ac?
The solar AC is the best option as it helps in reducing the electricity bills as it utilizes the solar power for cooling the area instead of using the grid electricity.
4. How expensive is a solar air conditioner?
The average price of the solar Air conditioner starts from Rs.99000 for 1 ton and it can rise up to Rs. 1.36 Lacks for 1.5 ton AC.
5. Does a solar air conditioner release CO2?
No, the solar ACs do not emit Carbondi oxide as it is very ecofriendly and it is operated by solar energy which is a very clean source of energy.
6. Does a solar air conditioner work on the night or cloudy days?
Yes, of course, solar ACs work perfectly at night. At night it drives electricity from the solar battery or from the main grid.
7. How many solar panels are required to run a hybrid air conditioner?
The solar panel’s installation mainly depends upon the capacity of the solar Air Conditioners and also the power of the solar panels. If it is a 1 ton Ac then you may require 6 solar panels and for 1.5 ton AC, you may require 10 solar panels.
8. What is the battery backup time of the solar air conditioner?
The backup mainly depends upon the capacity of the Solar Air Conditioner. The solar battery can run your solar AC for up to 2 to 3 hours easily.
9. What is the difference between solar AC and normal solar AC?
The solar AC can run by both solar energy and grid electricity whereas the normal AC will always need grid power to work properly.
10. Is there any government subsidy on a solar air conditioner?
No there is no particular Government subsidy on the solar Air Conditioner but there is a subsidy on the solar panels.
11. Can inverter AC run on solar power?
Yes, with the help of the inverter you can able to run your solar AC.
12. Can I use a normal AC power cable instead of using DC solar cables to run my solar AC?
For DC current DC cable is preferable and for AC current AC cables should be used.
13. Can I purchase the Air Conditioner Unit only and use my own Solar PV Panels?
Yes, it gives the solar PV panels that you need to use to meet the certain requirements need in it.
1. It can provide the dc voltage of 90-120 VDC nad it must not exceed 165 as it can damage the power supply model.
2. It also must be able to supply DC electricity.
14. What are the types of solar ACs?
There are three types of the solar ACs they are:
1. Direct Current Solar ACs
2. Alternating Current Solar ACs
3. Hybrid Powered Solar ACs
15. How do Solar Ac works?
Solar ACs work like conventional air Conditioning as it captures the heat out of the air and then releases it outside to cool down the other space. Solar ACs depend on the sunlight to the power system by using the solar panels, the Solar systems transfer the energy into the electricity that is used to power the Air conditioners.
16. Do I need a battery for my solar AC unit?
The solar battery will make sure that the solar-powered AC will work perfectly at night, on cloudy days, or any time that the sun is not heating the solar panels. So yes you need the solar battery to operate the solar AC unit.